Do you suffer from:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Migraine & Other Headaches
Arthritis, Joint & Muscle Pain
ADHD, ADD, Hyperactivity
Heartburn, GERD, Digestive Issues
Eczema, Hives, Rashes
- Are you tired of taking expensive medications that don’t work and leave you with undesirable side effects and food sensitivities?
- Are you frustrated because you keep visiting your doctor but still can’t find a solution that takes your symptoms away?
- How do your symptoms interfere with your life, work, relationships, stress level, and emotional state?
- How would your life be if you didn’t have to deal with the pain and discomfort anymore?
These conditions can be symptoms of food sensitivities; inflammatory immune reactions in your body caused by foods and additives you eat. Yet, the diet remains one of the most neglected areas of treatment. Any food can cause symptoms, even healthy ones. The only way to eliminate your suffering is to follow a specific anti-inflammatory immune-calming six-phase food sensitivity elimination diet plan that is only right for you.
What is MRT?
MRT stands for Mediator Release Test. It identifies reactions that other blood tests cannot. MRT is different from skin tests that test for IgE-mediated food allergies, not sensitivities. Food sensitivities are very complex inflammatory reactions, and inflammation is related to chronic and auto-immune disease. They involve several immunological mechanisms that trigger a variety of immune cells to release a variety of chemicals referred to as mediators. Food sensitivities are dose dependent, meaning that small exposure to the trigger food may be tolerable, but the same food in larger quantities can cause symptoms. In addition, symptoms may take up to 72 hours to appear, and considering that we eat a large variety of foods in that period of time, it becomes very challenging to identify the trigger foods without MRT and food sensitivities program in Virginia.
The test is a simple blood draw that requires a special kit. Unless your physician works with a dietitian who is a Certified LEAP Therapist, your physician will mostly not be familiar with the test and the LEAP food sensitivity testing program. When your results come back, you will see charts that look like this sample below. Red foods are the foods your body reacts to, making you feel sick. Yellow foods are somewhat reactive. Green foods are safe, your body does not react to them and they do not make you sick. The beauty of MRT is that it is quantitative. It tells you HOW reactive your body is to offensive foods. Note that in this sample, green peas, eggplants, and white potatoes are highly reactive.
What is LEAP?
LEAP stands for Lifestyle Eating And Performance. It is the 6-phase eating program based on your individual MRT results. The goal of Phase One is to get you to be symptom free (no migraines, no diarrhea, no pain, etc). This phase lasts for 7 to 10 days and you only eat the least reactive 20 to 25 foods. In Phases Two through Five, you introduce one food at a time and track how your body reacts. These phases take 2 to 5 months, longer if you end up reacting to many foods. The goal of Phases Two through Five is to build a list of foods you know for sure are safe and can enjoy. You will also know how much of a certain food you can tolerate. In Phase Six, you learn a long-term eating plan that prevents new foods from becoming highly reactive and causing symptoms to re-occur.
This video from Fox News highlights how this program helps with chronic fatigue and pain.
The food sensitivity elimination diet & anti-inflammation package is 3 to 6 months long and includes:
- MRT (Mediator Release Test) blood test for 150 common foods and food chemicals
- Five consults (30-60 minute long) to implement six phases of your personal anti-inflammatory diet, track symptom disappearance and/or reduction, and identify ‘safe’ foods
- Recipes and ideas for meals and snacks, grocery shopping, and cooking
- Unlimited email support for troubleshooting and tips